Al Pacino Net Worth
- Net Worth: $185 Million
- Profession: Actor, T.V Writer, Film Producer, Film Director, Theatre Director.
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: April 25, 1940
- Birth Place: East Harlem, New York City, United States.
- Marital Status: Single
- Height: 5 feet 7 inch (1.7 m)
- Weight: 65 – 68 kg (145 – 150 lbs)
- Education: Was enrolled in Herman Ridder Junior High School till he dropped out in secondary school
- Children: 3 (Son: Anton James Pacino, Daughters: Olivia Pacino, Julie Marie Pacino)
- Mother: Rose Gerard Pacino
- Father: Sal Pacino
- Siblings: 4 Sisters (Roberta Pacino, Desiree Pacino, Josette Pacino, and Paula Pacino)
When we talk about Hollywood, one of the top names that comes to mind is that of Al Pacino. The legendary actor Alfredo James Pacino, known by the name of Al Pacino was born in East Harlem in the New York City on 25 April 1940. The actor saw many troubles during his childhood and teen years and perhaps that is what shaped his charismatic personality and extra ordinary talent.
Al Pacino Early Life
When Al Pacino was 2 years old, his parents divorced. His mother shifted to her parents’ house in Bronx. There Al Pacino did not have an ideal childhood and he often got into fights with the kids in the neighborhood. He was known as a troublemaker in the school. Al Pacino started drinking and smoking at the young age of 9 years. And when he was 13 years old he started the casual use of cannabis. However, he did not use any hard drugs. During his teenage, his friends used to call him “Sonny”. He had an interest in acting during his teenage and he used to put up different acts in front of his friends. Because of his amazing talent and passion, people started calling him “The actor”.
Despite having some interest in acting, Al Pacino wanted to become a baseball player when he was a teenager. However, this did not happen. Al Pacino left school when he was 17 and had a fight with his mother regarding his decision. This led him to leave his mother’s house. Homeless and moneyless, young Al Pacino worked at a number of low paying jobs including busboy, messenger, postal clerk, and janitor. He started learning acting and acted in a number of basement plays in the New York’s theatrical underground. This was a time of real hardship for young Al Pacino and sometimes he had to sleep in theatres, and on streets. In 1962, Al Pacino had to deal with the shock of his mother’s death. And in 1963, his grandfather who was very close to him also died.
Al Pacino continued learning acting and after spending four years at the HB Studio, he successfully auditioned for Actors Studio. This was a life changing experience for Al Pacino. After that the actor started appearing in different theater plays where he showed his talent. He debuted his film career in 1969 and since then the actor has appeared in many Hollywood hits including The Godfather. Surely these insights would have helped you understand the kind of hardships that Al Pacino had to go through before he became rich and famous. It is evident that AL Pacino Net Worth is all because of his hard work and struggle in life. Now that you know about the childhood, teenage and early struggles of the legendary actor’s life, let’s get right to Al Pacino Net Worth.
What is Al Pacino Net Worth?
- The net worth of Al Pacino is $185 Million.
The actor has earned this huge net worth via his roles in different Hollywood movies, TV series, and Theater Plays. Al Pacino has an illustrious acting career of more than 50 years and today he is one of the highest paid actors in the Hollywood.
As you have already read above, the actor saw a lot of hardships during his life and has a truly inspirational story. The actor worked hard to gather his massive wealth and is considered to be one of the best Hollywood actors of all time. The huge Al Pacino net worth can be credited to his earnings via movies mostly. Although he has earned a significant amount of money from theatre and from his roles in different television series, a major chunk of his net worth is due to his movie earnings. According to some reports the salary of Al Pacino per movie is around $10 million. Now this is surely a really impressive number.
Al Pacino Movies
The charismatic actor has appeared in a number of movies over the years. Some of his movies are considered among the best Hollywood movies of all time. These include, The Godfather and Scarface. In order to give you a better idea how Al Pacino net worth reached such a huge level, it would be worth it to take a look at his most successful movies. Here is the list of 10 highest grossing movies of Al Pacino.
- The God Father – Released in 1972, The Godfather is one of the best Hollywood movies of all time. This amazing movie has had a great influence on the movie industry. The movie grossed $134,966,411 on the box office as its lifetime earnings.
- Ocean’s Thirteen – This crime fiction thriller was released in 2007 and it is one of the most popular movies in which Al Pacino has acted. The movie earned an impressive $117,154,724 on the box office.
- Dick Tracy – Released in 1990, Dick Tracy did a business of $103,738,726 on the box office.
- Any Given Sunday – This sports based drama film was released in 1999 and it earned a huge$75,530,832.
- Jack and Jill – Released in 2011, this comedy flick earned $74,158,157.
- Heat – The movie came out in 1995 and earned a pretty good $67,436,818.
- Insomnia – This movie was released in the year 2002 and it earned $67,355,513.
- The Godfather part III – The third part of the famous The Godfather series of movies came out in 1990 and did a business of $66,666,062.
- Scent of a Woman – It was released in the year 1992 and earned a pretty good $63,095,253.
- The Devil’s Advocate – One of the most popular movies of Al Pacino, The Devil’s Advocate was released in the year 1997 and it did a business of $60,944,660 on the box office.
Other famous movies of Al Pacino include The Recruit, Scarface, The Godfather Part II, Carlito’s Way, 88 Minutes, and The Insider.
Al Pacino Awards
Throughout his career, Al Pacino has won a number of awards due to his amazing performances in stage plays, television series, and movies. Following is a list of awards that Al Pacino has won over the years.
- Academy Award for best leading actor in the movie Scent of a Woman (1993)
- Nominated for Academy Awards 8 time and won once.
- Nominated for BAFTA Awards 4 times and won once.
- Nominated for the Golden Globe Award 17 times and won 4 times.
- Nominated for the Primetime Emmy Awards 3 times and won twice.
- Nominated for the Tony Awards 3 times and won twice.
Al Pacino won a number of other awards as well during his illustrious career. Surely these award winnings helped the legendary actor put his career on track. And we can say that these award winnings helped Al Pacino net worth reach where it is today.
Al Pacino Lifestyle
Although Al Pacino does value a life partner and a good family life, he did not get married even once. The actor has had his fair share of relationships and has 3 children. However, these relationships did not convert into something long lasting. Al Pacino has quite a busy lifestyle and being one of the Hollywood A list celebrities, he is recognized by the people where ever he goes.
During his teen years and in his twenties and thirties, the actor got into drugs and alcohol and this caused him some problems. However, he gave up drugs and alcohol in his forties. Since then the actor has been pretty sober and has lived quite a mature life. Here is a pretty good interview of Al Pacino that will give you some great insights into his life.
Al Pacino is very passionate about his acting and he has said it in an interview that he cannot imagine his life without acting. When it comes to hobbies, the legendary actor likes painting and he takes this hobby very seriously.
Al Pacino House
When one looks at the house of Al Pacino, one surely thinks that the actor has done justice to his massive wealth. He owns a luxurious house in Beverly Hills, California. According to reports, he bought this wonderful house from Ms. Collins for approximately $25 million. The luxurious house offers spectacular views of the surroundings and is one of the best celebrity homes out there.
Al Pacino Cars
Apparently Al Pacino is a big fan of SUVs and according to reports he owns a Lexus GX 470 in black color and a range rover in white color. The actor has also been spotted in some sports cars and sedans.
Today it has to be said that Al Pacino is probably one of the best actors of all time. He has had a great impact on the film industry not just in the US, but all over the world. Al Pacino net worth and fame is a true representation of his talent and his hard work. Many young actors look up to him and his work will continue to inspire actors around the world for many years.