Angela Bassett’s full name is Angela Evelyn Bassett. She is a renowned American actress. Angella Bassett was born on the 16th of August 1958 in New York City. She has been a part of many high profile Hollywood movies including the autobiography film made on Malcolm X’s life. Other than being a mainstream movie star, she is also a big television star and has been a part of a number of hit television series. Here are the details of Angela Bassett net worth, career, and lifestyle.
Table of Contents
What is Angela Bassett Net Worth?
The net worth of Angela Bassett is $28 million. She has earned her wealth from her television career and her film career. The actress has been a part of many big budget television series as well as movies.
Angela Bassett is among those actresses who have had success in both the film industry as well as the television industry. On one hand, she has been a part of blockbuster films like Green Lanter, Olympus Has Fallen, and The Score. And on the other hand, she has been a part of hit television series like American Horror Story, Close to the Enemy, and Alias. So Angela Bassett net worth is a result of her success in television as well as film industry.
Angela Bassett Movies
Angela Bassett made her film debut from the 1986 film, F/X. Since then the actress has appeared in many movies and has won many fans because of her amazing acting. Here are the top ten highest grossing movies of the career of Angela Bassett that have contributed the most towards Angela Bassett net worth.
- Green Lantern – This superhero movie came out in the year 2011. It featured Angela Bassett in the role of Amanda Waller. It is the most successful movie of the career of Angella Bassett. The movie had total earnings of around $116 million.
- Olympus Has Fallen – Released in 2013, Olympus Has Fallen was a highly successful action thriller. It is the second highest grossing film of the career of Angela Bassett. It managed to earn $98 million during its time at the box office.
- The Score – Angela Basset played the role of Diane in this movie. It was released in 2001. Robert De Niro, Edward Norton, Marlon Brando, and Paul Soles were also a part of this movie. The revenues from the movie were around $71 million.
- Waiting to Exhale – Starring Whitney Houston, Angela Bassett, Lela Rochon, Gregory Hines, and Dennis Haysbert, Waiting to Exhale was a highly successful romantic comedy that was released in 1995. The movie did a business of $67 million.
- London Has Fallen – This action thriller came out in 2016 and got mixed reviews from the film critics and audiences. The earnings from the movie were around $62 million.
- Boyz N the Hood – This crime fiction movie was released in the year 1991. Angela Bassett played the role of Reva Styles in this movie. The total revenues from the movie were around $57 million.
- This Means War – This romantic comedy was released in 2012. The movie featured renowned actors like Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Roose Witherspoon, Chelsea Handler, and Angela Bassett. The movie managed to earn $54 million during its time at the box office.
- Malcolm X – Angela Bassett played the role of Dr. Betty Shabazz in this movie that biographical drama film. The movie received mix reviews from the audiences and film critics and managed to earn $48 million.
- Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns – This movie was released in the year 2009 and it had total earnings of around $41 million.
- What’s Love Got To Do With It – This biographical, music film was released in the year 1993. Tina Turner appeared in the role of Tina Turner in this movie and got a lot of great reviews for her acting. The movie had total earnings of around $39 million.
Some other popular movies that have contributed towards Angela Bassett net worth include Vampire in Brooklyn, Mr. 3000, Notorious, Jumping the Broom, How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Supernova, Akeelah and the Bee, Strange Days, and Music of the Heart.
Angela Bassett Television Career
Angela Bassett got her initial fame from her television roles. Despite getting a lot of success in the film industry, the actress has not abandoned television and continues to work in television. She has been a part of many renowned television series. Here are some of the most popular television series in which Angela Basset has worked in.
- Search for Tomorow (1985)
- The Cosby Show (1985 – 1988)
- A Man Called Hawk (1989)
- Tour of Duty (1989)
- The Jacksons: An American Dream (1992)
- Freedom: A History of US (2003)
- Alias (2005)
- ER (2008 – 2009)
- BoJack Horseman (2015 – 2016)
- American Horror Story (2013 – 2016)
- Close to the Enemy (2016)
Angela Bassett Salary
Being a high profile movie actress, Angela Bassett makes most of her money from her movies. Following are the salary details of Angela Bassett in different movies.
- What’s Love Got to Do with It – The movie was released in the year 1993. The movie featured Angela Bassett in the lead role of Tina Turner. Her salary in this movie was around $250,000.
- Waiting to Exhale – The salary of Angela Bassett in this 1995 movie was around $2.5 million.
- Supernova – Angela Bassett received a salary of $3.5 million in this science fiction movie of 2000.
- The Score – This action thriller came out in the year 2001 and Angela Bassett received a salary of around $3.5 million.
Angela Bassett Lifestyle
Angela Bassett is married to Courtney B. Vance who is also an actor. They have twins. Angela Bassett is a big supporter of different programs for the arts. She is involved in many social causes. The actress regularly attends different events related to children. Angela Bassett is also very vocal politically. She supported Barack Obama in the reelection campaign of 2012. Then she supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidential Elections.
Angela Bassett House
Angela Bassett has a beautiful 5 bedroom house in Fremont Place in Los Angeles. The house has an estimated price of $6 million. This beautiful has 6 bathrooms and has a total area of 4,828 square feet. The main features of this luxury mansions include a gym, wonderful interior, 24/7 security, and huge park-like grounds.
Angela Bassett Cars
Although not much information is known about Angela Bassett cars collection, we can be pretty sure that the actress is making good use of her impressive net worth by traveling in style in her favorite cars.
Angela Bassett Net Worth Compared to Other Actresses
Upon making a comparison of Angela Bassett net worth with that of other mainstream actresses we find that Angela Bassett is richer than Jessica Biel, Kristen Bell, Kate Beckinsale, Christina Applegate, and Elizabeth Banks. On the other hand, some actresses who are richer than Angela Bassett are Kathy Bates, Annette Bening, Kim Basinger, Monica Bellucci, Drew Barrymore, Keira Knightley, and Charlize Theron.
The future of Angela Bassett net worth looks bright as the actress is continuing to get lead roles in different television series as well as movies.