Anthony Hopkins, who was knighted by the Queen Elizabeth II for his services to arts, is a renowned Welsh actor. He was born in Margam, Glamorgan in Wales on 31st December 1937. Sir Anthony Hopkins trained at Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London. He worked in theater plays at the start of his career. Later on, he moved towards the film industry and became 0ne of the biggest movie stars in the world. Here are the details of Sir Anthony Hopkins net worth, career, salary, house, and cars.
Table of Contents
What is Sir Anthony Hopkins Net Worth?
The net worth of Sir Anthony Hopkins is $160 million. He is one of the richest actors in the world. Some of his most popular movies include Mission: Impossible II, Thor, Hannibal, and The Silence of the Lambs.
Sir Anthony Hopkins has played many iconic roles during his 5 decades long showbiz career. Perhaps, the most iconic role that has contributed heavily towards Sir Anthony Hopkins popularity and net worth was his role as Hannibal Lector in different movies. Today, Sir Anthony Hopkins is one of the richest actors in the world thanks to his illustrious movie career.
Anthony Hopkins Movies
Sir Anthony Hopkins has had a wonderful acting career. He has appeared in many stage plays, television series, and movies. However, most of Anthony Hopkins net worth is derived from his movie roles. Here are some of the most successful movies of the career of Anthony Hopkins.
- Mission: Impossible II – Anthony Hopkins appeared in the character of Mission Commander Swanbeck in Mission: Impossible II which was released in 2000. It happens to be the most successful movie of the career of Anthony Hopkins. The movie made more than $215 million in revenues.
- Thor: The Dark World – Released in the year 2013, this superhero movie featured Sir Anthony Hopkins in the role of Odin. The total gross earnings from the movie were around $206 million.
- Thor – This superhero movie came out in the year 2011 and it had total earnings of $181 million during its time at the box office.
- Hannibal – This psychological horror film is one of the most iconic movies of the career of Sir Anthony Hopkins. He played the lead role of Hannibal Lecter in this movie. The movie won great reviews and managed to earn total revenue of around $165 million.
- The Silence of the Lambs – This is another movie in which Anthony Hopkins played the role of Hannibal Lecter. This horror thriller was released in 1991 and it had total earnings of around $130 million.
- Noah – Released in 2014 this adventure, drama film managed to get total revenues of $101 million from theaters.
- The Mask of Zorro – Anthony Hopkins appeared alongside Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones in this action comedy. The movie was released in 1998 and it had total earnings of around $94 million.
- Red Dragon – Red Dragon is yet another highly successful movie that featured Anthony Hopkins in his iconic role of Hannibal Lecter.
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula – This horror fiction movie came out in the year 1992. Anthony Hopkins appeared in the role of Abraham Van Helsing in the movie. The movie managed to gross $82 million during it time at the box office.
- Legends of the Fall – Anthony Hopkins appeared in the character of Col. William Ludlow in this historic drama movie released in 1994. The movie won great reviews from the audiences and film critics and earned around $66 million.
Other highly successful movies that have contributed towards Anthony Hopkins net worth include Meet Joe Black, Amistad, A Bridge Too Far, Red 2, The Wolfman, Alexander, Fracture, Instinct, The Edge, Bad Company, The Rite, and Shadowlands.
Anthony Hopkins Salary
Anthony Hopkins salary from different movies has been the biggest contributing factor in Anthony Hopkins net worth. The veteran Hollywood actor earns tens of millions of dollars for his roles in the movies. According to reports, he received a salary of $5 million for his role in Mission: Impossible II. In 2001, he appeared in Hannibal and got a salary of $15 million. After that, in 2002 he appeared in the movie Red Dragon and received a salary of $20 million. In his 2010 movie, The Wolfman, Anthony Hopkins earned $15 million.
Anthony Hopkins House
Sir Anthony Hopkins has a beautiful mansion on Malibu beach in California. The house has a grand look from the outside and presents a picture of luxury and grandeur. This beautiful mansion is as beautiful from the inside as it is from the outside. According to some reports, the house features 7 bedrooms with superb interior. Some of the main features of the property include a beautiful swimming pool, excellent front yard, wonderful interior, and modern kitchen. The estimated price of this beautiful house is $18.5 million.
Anthony Hopkins Cars
When one looks at the garage of Sir Anthony Hopkins, one has to agree that Sir Anthony Hopkins is surely making the most his huge wealth. The legendary actor has some of the most luxurious cars in his collection. According to reports, Sir Anthony Hopkins owns BMW sedans, few General Motors vehicles, and a Bentley as well.
Anthony Hopkins Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
Upon making a comparison of Anthony Hopkins net worth with other veteran Hollywood actors, we find that he is one of the richest actors. The net worth of Anthony Hopkins is higher than that of Richard Gere, Antonio Banderas, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Christian Bale. There are only a few actors who have a higher net worth than Anthony Hopkins. These include Al Pacino, Bruce Willis, Jack Nicholson, and Sean Connery.
Sir Anthony Hopkins net worth is a result of more than 50 years of consistent hard work in showbiz. Today he is recognized as one of the best actors from the United Kingdom. The future projects for the wealth of Sir Anthony Hopkins are quite positive and it seems that the legendary actor is going to be even richer in coming years.