Elizabeth Banks Net Worth
- Net Worth: $18 Million
- Profession: Actress, Director, Producer
- Nationality: American
- Birth Place: Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
- Date of Birth: 10 February 1974
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 meters)
- Father: Mark Mitchell
- Mother: Ann Mitchell
- Siblings: 1 Sister (Sarah Mitchell), 1 Brother (Geoff Mitchell)
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband: Max Handelman
- Children: 2 Sons (Magnus Mitchell Handelman, Felix Handelman)
Elizabeth Banks was born on 10th February 1974 in Massachusetts, United States. Her father, Mark Mitchell was a Vietnam veteran. Later he started working for General Electric as a factory worker. Her mother, Ann Mitchell worked in a bank. While growing up, Elizabeth had a tomboy personality. She used to ride horses and play baseball. She first stepped into the world of acting in her childhood when she appeared in a school play.
Elizabeth Banks graduated from the Pittsfield High School in the year 1992. After that, she went to the University of Pennsylvania. She graduated from the university in 1996. Her major in the University was communications and she studied theater arts as a minor. In 1998, Elizabeth Banks completed her schooling at American Conservatory Theater which is located in San Fransisco. She appeared in her first movie in the same year and it was at that time when Elizabeth Banks net worth started to increase. Here is a detailed look at her career, net worth, and lifestyle.
What is Elizabeth Banks Net Worth?
The net worth of Elizabeth Banks is $18 million. The actress has earned most of her wealth from her movie roles. The Hunger Games movies have been the most successful movies of her career.
Elizabeth Banks has been very successful in her acting career. She has been a part of some iconic Hollywood movies that would be remembered for a long time. The Hunger Games series has been the most rewarding one for her, both in terms of fame and financial reward. In 2015, Elizabeth Banks tried her luck at direction by directing Pitch Perfect 2. And it proved be a highly successful project for Elizabeth Banks net worth and future career prospects.
Elizabeth Banks Movies
Although Elizabeth Banks has been a part of many successful movies, the fame that she got from The Hunger Games series of movies is unmatched. The Hunger Games series played a key role in bringing the Elizabeth Banks net worth to the level that it is today. Here are the top 10 highest grossing movies of the career of Elizabeth Banks.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – Elizabeth Banks appeared in the iconic character of Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games series. She was phenomenal during the 4 movies of the series and won great reviews from the audiences and critics. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is the highest grossing movie of the career of Elizabeth Banks with total earnings of more than $424 million. The movie was released in the later half of 2013.
- The Hunger Games – The first part of The Hunger Games came out in the year 2012 and it became one of the most successful movies of the history of Hollywood. The movie earned more than $408 million during its time at the theaters.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 – This was the third part of The Hunger Games series of movies. It was released in 2014 and it earned $337 million.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 – The second part of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay and overall the 4th part of the series came out in 2015. It did not receive the same response that the earlier movies of the series received. However, it still did really good business of more than $281 million.
- The Lego Movie – Elizabeth Banks did voiceover acting in this animated comedy that was released in 2014. The movie was highly successful with total earnings of about $257 million.
- Pitch Perfect 2 – Pitch Perfect 2 was released in 2015 and it is one of the most important movies of the career of Elizabeth Banks. Not only it is the 6th highest grossing movie of her acting career, it is also the most successful movie of her direction and production career. Elizabeth Banks acted in the movie, directed it, and was a co-producer of the movie. This musical comedy had total earnings of an impressive $184 million.
- Seabiscuit – This movie came out in 2003 and it had total lifetime earnings of $120 million. Elizabeth Banks played the role of Marcela Howard in this movie.
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin – Elizabeth Banks appeared in the character of Beth in this romantic comedy. The movie did quite well at the box office and with total earnings of around $109 million it was one of the most successful movies of 2005.
- Fred Claus – This movie was released in 2007. It was a family comedy featuring Vince Vaugh, Paul Giamatti, Elizabeth Banks, and Rachel Weisz. The movie did well in theaters and managed to make a little more than $72 million.
- Shaft – This action thriller came out in 2000. The total earnings from the movie were around $70 million.
Elizabeth Banks has been a part of many other successful Hollywood movies as well. Some of the other movies that have contributed toward Elizabeth Banks net worth include Pitch Perfect, Role Models, Invincible, The Uninvited, Our Idiot Brother, Man on a Ledge, People Like Us, Slither, The Next Three Days, and Meet Dave.
Elizabeth Banks Salary
Pitch Perfect 2 has been the most lucrative project for Elizabeth Banks. The actress managed to earn tens of millions of dollars from this movie released in 2015. On one hand, she acted in the movie and on the other hand, she was the producer as well as the director of the movie. Other then this massive success that resulted in tens of millions of dollars in earnings, Elizabeth Banks has made most of her money from acting roles. Here are the details of her salary in some of her movies.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 – The actress received a salary of around $2.5 million in this movie.
- Magic Mike XXL – This musical comedy proved to be very rewarding for Elizabeth Banks. She got a salary of $2.9 million in this movie.
- The Lego Movie – The salary of Elizabeth in this movie was around $1.1 million.
- Every Secret Thing – Elizabeth Bankes received a salary of $1 million in this film.
Elizabeth Banks Lifestyle
Elizabeth Banks has been married to Max Handelman since 2003. The actress met her husband on the first day in college in 1992. Elizabeth Banks has two children named Magnus Mitchell Handelman, and Felix Handelman. Elizabeth Banks is quite a family oriented person and likes to spend time with her family. Unlike many other Hollywood celebrities, she is not much of a party person. Despite of the fact that Elizabeth Banks net worth is in tens of millions of dollars, the actress doesn’t really like to show off. She travels a lot and likes being in nature.
Elizabeth Banks House
As you would expect, the massive Elizabeth banks net worth has allowed the actress to enjoy a wonderful lifestyle. She lives is a high profile neighborhood in Hampton Bays in New York. The beautiful mansion of Elizabeth Banks is surrounded by plenty of trees and provides a great natural environment to reside in. The house features a wonderful outdoor swimming pool and all the other modern day luxuries of life.
Elizabeth Banks Net Worth Compared to Other Actresses
The comparison of Elizabeth Banks net worth with the net worth other Hollywood actresses reveals that she is not among the richest actresses. The net worth of Elizabeth Banks is higher than that of Maria Bello, Melissa Benoist, and Megan Fox. The huge list of actresses having a net worth higher than Elizabeth Banks includes Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson, Nicole Kidman, Monica Bellucci, Sandra Bullock, Meg Ryan, Drew Barrymore, Rachel Bilson, Kim Basinger, Keira Knightley, Annette Bening, and Katherine Heigl.
Please Let Us Know Your Thoughts about Elizabeth Banks Net Worth in comment box below.