Eric Bana is a highly successful Australian actor. He was born on the 9th of August 1968 in Melbourne, Australia. Eric Bana’s father, Ivan Banadinovich was from Croatia. He worked as logistics manager for a company. Eric Bana’s mother, Eleanor worked as a hairdresser. She was from Germany. Eric Bana has one brother named Anthony Banadinovich. Eric Bana grew up in the Tullamarine area of Melbourne in Australia. Eric Bana is a naturally talented actor and his acting talents were well known among his family members during his childhood. He used to do impressions of his family members when he was only 6 years old. He used to mimic his teachers in school and entertain them with his comedic impressions.
During his teenage, Eric Bana watched the famous film Mad Max which was released in 1979. The film made a great impact on him and he decided to become an actor after watching this film. Eric Bana worked at some odd jobs for some time. In 1991 while working as a barman, he decided to do stand-up comedy gigs. His gigs were great, but he was not making enough money from them and at that time Eric Bana net worth was very little. So he continued to work as a barman while doing stand-up comedy on the side. However, things changed for the good and a few years later, Eric Bana became one of the biggest movie stars in the world. Here are the details of Eric Bana net worth, career, and lifestyle.
Table of Contents
What is Eric Bana Net Worth?
The net worth of Eric Bana is $40 million. He is one of the richest Australian actors. Eric Bana has made his fortune by working in some of the most successful Hollywood movies including Star Trek, Hulk, Troy, Black Hawk Down, and Lone Survivor.
Eric Bana started his performing arts career from stand-up comedy in local clubs and pubs of Melbourne in Australia. In 1993, he made his television debut from the television show Tonight Live which was hosted by Steve Vizard a renowned radio and television presenter. He worked as a comedian in many television shows. In 1997, Eric Bana made his film debut from the Australian film, The Castle. Since then, the has been a part of many blockbuster Australian and Hollywood films.
Eric Bana Movies
Eric Bana has had a highly successful movie career and he has been a part of some of the biggest Hollywood movies. Here are the details of the movies of Eric Bana that have contributed the most towards Eric Bana net worth.
- Star Trek – Released in 2009, Star Trek is one of the most iconic movies of Hollywood. The movie did a business of more than $257 million and it is the most successful movie of the career of Eric Bana.
- Troy – Troy was released in the year 2004. This history-based film featured Eric Bana in the lead role of Hector. Other renowned actors in the film included Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Orlando Bloom, Sean Bean, Rose Byrne, and Peter O’Toole. The movie did the business of more than $133 million during its time at the box office.
- Hulk – Eric Bana played one of the most iconic roles of his career in the movie, Hulk. This superhero film was released in the year 2003 and it had earnings of more than $132 million. The movie featured Eric Bana in the lead character of the Hulk.
- Lone Survivor – This action thriller came out in the year 2013 and it featured Eric Bana in the character of Lt. Cmdr. Erik S. Kristensen. The movie did really well at the box office and managed to earn $125 million during its time at the box office.
- Black Hawk Down – This movie was released in 2001 and it had total earnings of around $108 million. The movie featured Eric Bana, Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Tom Sizemore, William Fichtner, Sam Shepard, and Ewen Bremner.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – This novel based romance, fiction movie was released in the year 2009. It featured Eric Bana in the lead role of Henry de Tamble. Rachel McAdams was also a part of the movie. The unique concept of the movie won great reviews from the audiences and the earnings from the movie amounted to $63 million.
- Funny People – This comedy flick came out in 2009 and it did well at the box office. The total earnings from the movie were around $51 million.
- Munich – Released in 2005, Munich featured Eric Bana in the lead role of Avner. The movie did reasonably well at the box office and managed to earn $47 million during its time at the box office.
- Hanna – Hanna was an action, adventure film that came out in the year 2011. The total revenues from the movie were around $40 million.
- Deliver Us From Evil – This movie was released in 2014. It was a Horror film and Eric Bana played the lead role of Ralph Sarchie in the film. The total earnings from the movie were a little more than $30 million.
Some other popular movies of the career of Eric Bana that have contributed towards Eric Bana net worth include The Other Boleyn Girl, Lucky You, Closed Circuit, and Chopper.
Eric Bana Lifestyle
Eric Bana is married to Rebecca Gleeson. The couple married in 1997. They have two children, one son named Klaus and one daughter named Sophia. Eric Bana resides in Melbourne. The actor is usually very busy with his film engagements. However, when he is free, he likes to spend time with his family.
Eric Bana is a big fan of motor racing and he himself participates in different motor racing competitions in Australia. Eric Bana has a great interest in cars. Eric Bana is also a big fan of Australian rules football.
Eric Bana House
Eric Bana has a house in Brighton in Melbourne that matches his overall wealth and his status as an A-list actor. According to reports, the $10 million house features a tennis court, a swimming pool, and an underground garage that has space for 9 cars. The beautiful house spreads on an area of 2000 square meters. After seeing this house one cane safely say that Eric Bana net worth is being utilised properly.
Eric Bana Cars
Eric Bana loves cars. His love for cars goes back to the time when he was a teenager. He was so passionate about cars that he wanted to become a motor mechanic when he was fourteen years old. However, his father convinced him to keep his love for the cars as a hobby only. Eric Bana bought his first car at the age of 15. His first car was a 1974 XB Ford Falcon Coupe. It cost him $1100. In 2004 Eric Bana purchased Porsche 944 in order to compete in the Porsche Challenge in Australia.
Eric Bana Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
The comparison of Eric Bana net worth with other actors reveals that he falls is neither the richest nor the poorest of actors. He falls somewhere in the middle. His net worth is higher than that of Sean Bean, Peter Berg, Gael Garcia Bernal, Jay Baruchel, Justin Bartha, Lucas Black, Tom Hardy and Gerard Butler. The actors who have a higher net worth than Eric Bana include Warren Beatty, Richard Gere, and Hugh Jackman.