Gillian Anderson is a renowned American-British actress. She is not only known for her film roles, but also for her television roles. Her full name is Gillian Leight Anderson. She was born on the 9th of August 1968 in Chicago, United States. Gillian Anderson’s father, Homer Edward Anderson III was a businessman and he owned a film post-production company. Gillian Anderson’s mother, Rosemary Posie Alyce, was a computer analyst. Gillian Anderson spent most of her childhood in London. She went to the Coleridge Primary School. When Gillian Anderson was 11 years old, her family moved to Grand Rapids in Michigan. In Michigan, she went to the City High-Middle School. While growing up, Gillian Anderson was quite a trouble maker and she even got arrested once.
During her teenage, Gillian Anderson became interested in theater and she started acting in different high school productions and community theater. Gillian Anderson completed her high school in 1986. After that, she went to The Theatre School at DePaul University which is situated in Chicago. Gillian Anderson moved to New York at the age of 22. She first appeared in some theater plays and then made her film and television debut. Today, she is one of the most popular television and film actress. Gillian Anderson net worth is in tens of millions of dollars and she enjoys a very luxurious life.
Table of Contents
What is Gillian Anderson Net Worth
The net worth of Gillian Anderson is $25 million. She has earned this wealth from her roles in different films and television series. The most popular television series that she has been a part of was The X-Files.
Gillian Anderson is a highly talented actress. She has been part of numerous television series, theater plays, and films. Her role in The X-Files as Agent Scully is considered to be the best television role of her career. When it comes to films, she has been a part of some reasonably successful films. However, her television career has been far more successful than her film career.
Gillian Anderson Television Career
Gillian Anderson got her fame from television. Her most successful television series was The X-Files. She played the lead role of Dana Scully in this series. Here are some of the television series that Gillian Anderson has been a part of.
- Class of ’96 – (1993)
- Eek!stravaganza – (1995)
- ReBoot – (1996)
- Frasier – (1999)
- Harsh Realm – (1999)
- Bleak House – (2005)
- Any Human Heart – (2010)
- Great Expectations – (2011)
- Crisis – (2014)
- Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter – (2014 – 2015)
- Hannibal – (2013 – 2015)
- The X-Files – (1993 – 2016)
- The Fall – (2013 – 2016)
- American Gods – (2017)
Gillian Anderson Movies
Gillian Anderson has not had as much success in her film career as she has had in her television career. Nevertheless, the actress has been a part of some reasonably successful Hollywood movies. Some of the movies that she has been a part of are as follows.
- The X-Files – Released in 1998, The X-Files movie was based on the popular television series. This mystery thriller was very much awaited by the fans of the television series. The cast of the film included Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, and Tom Braidwood. The earnings from the movie were around $83 million.
- The X-Files: I Want to Believe – This was the second part of The X-Files movie. It did not do as well as the first part. It was released in 2008 and it could only earn $20 million during its time at the box office.
- The Last King of Scotland – This biographical drama film came out in the year 2006. Gillian Anderson appeared in the role of Sarah Merrit in this movie. The total earnings from the movie were around $17 million.
- Johnny English Reborn – Released in 2011, Johnny English Reborn was a sequel of the movie Johnny English. It was an action-packed comedy movie. The movie did not get much success at the box office and it could only manage to earn $8 million during its time at the box office.
- Playing by Heart – Playing by Heart was a Romantic comedy flick that came out in 1999. The movie featured renowned actors like Angelina Jolie, Sean Connery, Ryan Phillippe, Gena Rowlands, and Gillian Anderson. However, this movie failed to live up to the expectations and it could only manage to earn $3.9 million.
- The House of Mirth – Released in the year 2000, The House of Mirth was based on a novel. The movie featured Gillian Anderson in the lead role of Lily Bart. The total earnings from the movie were around $3 million.
- How to Lose Friends and Alienate People – This romantic comedy was released in 2008. It was one of the most anticipated movies of the year. However, it failed to live up to the expectations and it could only earn $2.7 million during its time at the box office.
- The Mighty – Released in 1998, The Might featured Gillian Anderson in the role of Loretta Lee. The movie did total business of $1.2 million during its time at the box office.
- Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story – This movie came out in the year 2006 and it had total earnings of around $1.2 million.
- From Up on Poppy Hill – This was a Japanese animated drama film that was released in 2013. The movie could only manage to earn around $1 million from theaters.
Gillian Anderson Salary
The X-Files series and the movie have played a key role in bringing the Gillian Anderson net worth to the level that it is today. According to the salary details of Gillian Anderson the actress has earned the most from The X-Files. Here are the details of her salary in different movies.
- The X-Files – Gillian Anderson received a salary of $4 million for her role in this 1998 movie.
- Playing by Heart – This salary of Gillian Anderson in this 1998 movie was around $60,000.
- Bleak House – Gillian Anderson received a salary of £500,000 for her role in Bleak House.
Gillian Anderson House
Gillian Anderson has a beautiful house in Los Angeles. The house is surrounded by plenty of trees. The beautiful house is well equipped with all the modern facilities and amenities of life. The estimated price of this house is around $2 million.
Gillian Anderson Net Worth Compared to Other Actresses
When we make a comparison of Gillian Anderson net worth with that of other renowned actresses we find that she is quite wealthy. The net worth of Gillian Anderson is higher than that of Gemma Arterton, Jessica Biel, Kristen Bell, and Kate Beckinsale. On the other hand, the actresses who are wealthier than Gillian Anderson include Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Miley Cyrus, Angelina Jolie, and Angela Bassett.