Javier Bardem’s full name is Javier Angel Encinas Bardem. He is an Academy Award-winning Spanish actor. Javier Bardem was born on the 1st March 1969 in Spain. His mother, Pilar Bardem was also an actress. Javier Bardem’s father, Jose Carlson Encinas Doussinague was a businessman. Javier Bardem’s parents separated a short time after he eas born. So, he was raised by his mother. Many family members of Javier Bardem were in the film industry and as a child, he spent a lot of time on film sets and at theatres. Javier Bardem made his first appearance in a film named El Picaro.
Although Javier Bardem was born into a family that had deep roots in the film industry, he wasn’t really interested in going into this field. As a child and teenager, he was more interested in painting and he wanted to become a painter. He studied painting for four years at the Escuela de Artes y Oficios located in Madrid. However, Javier Bardem realised that he wasn’t a good painter. Therefore, he turned towards acting and made a name for himself. Today Javier Bardem is one of the most popular actors of Spain, and Javier Bardem net worth is in millions of dollars. Here are the details of his net worth, career, and lifestyle.
Table of Contents
What is Javier Bardem Net Worth?
The net worth of Javier Bardem is $23 million. He is one of the highest paid Spanish actors. Javier Bardem is fluent in Spanish as well as English and he has appeared in many Hollywood films as well.
Javier Bardem has played many memorable roles and has won a number of awards as well. In 2007, he won the Academy Award for the Best Supporting Actor for his role in the movie No Country For Old Men. He has also won a BAFTA, a Screen Actors Guild Award, 5 Goya Awards, 2 Volpi Cups at Venice, and a Prize for Best Actor at the Cannes. Javier Bardem is the first Spanish actor who was nominated and who won an Academy Award.
Javier Bardem Movies
As you would expect from an A-list Spanish movie star who has also worked in Hollywood, Javier Bardem earns millions of dollars from his role in movies. Javier Bardem net worth is derived from his movies. Here is the list of the highest grossing movies of the career of Javier Bardem.
- Skyfall – Starring Daniel Craig in the lead role of James Bond, Skyfall was a highly successful film of 2012. The movie won great reviews from the film critics as well as James Bond fans. The amazing success of the movie was well reflected by the revenues. The total earnings from Skyfall were around $304 million. Javier Bardem appeared in the movie as Raoul Silva.
- Eat Pray Love – This romantic drama film was released in the year 2010. It had great success at the box office and it managed to earn around $80 million during its time at the box office.
- No Country for Old Men – This crime thriller film came out in the year 2007. Javier Bardem played the lead role of Anton Chigurh in this movie. The total earnings from the movie were around $74 million.
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona – This romantic comedy came out in the year 2008. It featured Javier Bardem as Juan Antonio. The movie also featured Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz. The total earnings from the movie were around $23 million.
- The Counselor – This crime thriller came out in the year 2013. Other than Javier Bardem, the movie featured renowned actors like Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, and Brad Pitt. Despite its superstar cast, the movie did not do as well at the box office as was expected. The total earnings from the movie were around $17 million.
- The Gunman – Released in 2015, The Gunman was an action thriller movie. The cast of the movie included Sean Penn, Idris Elba, Javier Bardem, Jasmine Trinca, and Ray Winstone. The earnings from the movie were around $10.5 million.
- Biutiful – Released in 2011, this romantic comedy managed to earn a little more than $5 million during its time at the box office.
- Love in the Time of Cholera – Javier Bardem appeared in the role of Florentino Ariza in this 2007 movie. The total revenues from the movie were around $4.6 million.
- Before Night Falls – This movie came out in the year 2000 and it had total earnings of a little more than $4 million.
- The Dancer Upstairs – Released in the year 2003, The Dancer Upstairs was a drama thriller movie. The cast of the movie consisted of Javier Bardem, Laura Morante, Juan Diego Botto, Elvira Minguez, and Alexandra Lencastre. The movie could only manage to earn $2.3 million during its time at the box office.
Javier Bardem Lifestyle
Javier Bardem is married to renowned Hollywood actress, Penelope Cruz. Despite being one of the most popular celebrity couples, Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz like to keep their personal lives private. The couple has two children. Javier Bardem is able to speak fluent Spanish as well as English. When it comes to music, Javier Bardem is a big fan of heavy metal music, in particular the band AC/DC.
Javier Bardem House
Being one of the most popular and one of the richest celebrity couples, Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz are able to afford some amazing properties. The couple resides in their Hollywood Villa that is reportedly worth $3.15 million. The beautiful villa features a home cinema, a home office, a well-equipped gym, and a beautiful swimming pool.
Javier Bardem Cars
It might come to you as a surprise that Javier Bardem does not know how to drive. Yes, all those scenes in the movies with Javier Bardem behind the wheel don’t show the reailty. The actor surely has enough money to be able to afford a full time chauffeur. Moreover, with increasing penetration of car hailing apps, Javier Bardem can surely find his way across Los Angeles.
Javier Bardem Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
When we compare the Javier Bardem net worth with that of other renowned actors, we find that he is somewhere in the middle of the list of the richest actors. The net worth of Javier Bardem is greater than that of Justin Bartha, Sean Bean, Gael Garcia Bernal, Jay Baruchel, and Lucas Black. The actors who have a higher net worth than Javier Bardem include Tom Hanks, Jason Bateman, Robert Downey Jr., Warren Beatty, Peter Berg, and Richard Gere.