- Net Worth: $16 Million.
- Profession: Actor.
- Nationality: British.
- Birth Place: Cowes, Isle of Wight, England.
- Date of Birth: 19 September 1948.
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (1.87 meters)
- Father: Paul Dugan Irons
- Mother: Barbara Anne Brereton Brymer Sharpe
- Siblings: 1 Sister (Felicity Anne Irons), 1 Brother (Christopher Irons)
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Sinead Cusack
- Children: 2 Sons (Max Irons, Samuel Irons)
Jeremy Irons is a veteran English actor. He started his acting career in 1969 and has since been a part of some of the best English television shows as well as some of the most popular movies. The first major film role of Jeremy Irons was in the 1981 romantic drama film, The French Lieutenant’s Woman. Today, Jeremy Irons stands as one of the icons of British film and television industry. He has a number of international hits to his name, including, Eragon, Die Hard: With a Vengence, The Lion King, and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The successful career of Jeremy Irons has resulted in a massive Jeremy Irons net worth. Here are the details of his wealth, career, and lifestyle.
Table of Contents
What is Jeremy Irons Net Worth?
The net worth of Jeremy Irons is $16 million. He has been able to accumulate this wealth through his excellent acting career that spans more than 4 decades.
During his long career, Jeremy Irons has, on one hand, gained a lot of popularity from his work and on the other hand, he has been able to accumulate a significant amount of wealth. The current Jeremy Irons net worth is quite impressive. But even more impressive are his awards and award nominations that he has received for his work over the years. The veteran British actor has been able to win the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Narrator in 2014. In 2012 he won the Independent Spirit Award – Rober Altaman Award. In 2006, he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor – Miniseries or a Movie. He has also been able to win Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actor, European Film Award, Drama League Award, and several Film Critics Awards.
Jeremy Irons Movies
When it comes to scoring big budget and high-performance films, Jeremy Irons has been highly successful. Here are the details of top ten films of Jeremy Irons career that have contributed heavily towards Jeremy Irons net worth.
- The Lion King – This is is arguably the most popular animated film of all time. It was released in 1994 and it managed to earn more than $422 million. Jeremy Irons did voice 0ver acting for the character of Scar in this movie.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – This highly anticipated superhero film came out in the year 2016 and it took the theaters by a storm. The movie won great reviews from audiences and earned more than $330 million. Jeremy Irons played the role of Alfred J. Pennyworth.
- Die Hard: With A Vengence – Released in 1995, this action thriller had superstar cast members like Bruce Willis, Sam Phillips, Graham Greene, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jeremy Irons. The Die Hard: With A Vengence had total revenues of more than $100 million.
- Eragon – Eragon is another successful animated film that featured Jeremy Irons. He played the character of Brom. The movie came out in the year 2006 and managed to make total revenues more than $75 million.
- The Man in the Iron Mask – It was a highly successful action adventure film of 1998. The movie did reasonably well at the box office with total earnings of around $56 million. Other than Jeremy Irons, the movie also featured Leonardo DiCaprio, John Malkovich, Gerard Depardieu, Judith Godreche, Anne Parillaud, and Gabriel Byrne.
- Assassin’s Creed – This movie was based on the popular action-adventure game. The movie was reasonably successful and had total earnings of $54 million.
- The Kingdom of Heaven – Released in 2005, Kingdom of Heaven was a great history based war film. The movie featured great actors like Orlando Bloo, Liam Neeson, Eva Green, Edward Norton, David Thewlis, Jeremy Irons, and Marton Csokas. The total revenues from the movie were around $47 million.
- Appaloosa – This 2008, crime adventure film featured Jeremy Irons in the role of Randall Bragg. The movie did reasonably well at the box office and managed to earn a little more than $20 million.
- Beautiful Creatures – It was a fantasy drama film released in 2013. Jeremy Irons played the role of Macon Ravenwood in this movie. other cast members of the movie included Alice Englert, Emmy Rossum, Viola Davis, and Emma Thompson.
- Race – This biographical drama film was released in 2016. The total earnings from the movie amounted to $19 million.
Some other popular movies of the career of Jeremy Irons that have contributed towards Jeremy Irons net worth include The Mission, Reversal of Fortune, The Words, Casanova, and Being Julia.
Jeremy Irons Lifestyle
Jeremy Irons maintains a pretty sober lifestyle. The actor is married to Sinead Cusack and has two sons. Jeremy Irons has maintained a pretty busy lifestyle over the years and has shown no signs of slowing down, unlike many other old actors.
Jeremy Irons House
Usually, the celebrities are known for their lavish mansions and upscale residential compounds in posh neighborhoods. However, there are some celebrities who don’t like such mainstream stuff and they take things a little further. Jeremy Irons is one of those celebrities. The huge Jeremy Irons net worth has allowed the actor to be able to own the Kilcoe Castle near Ballydehob in Country Cork in Ireland. This magnificent castle was built around 1450 by Clan Dermond MacCarthy. The castle stands tall and can be seen from quite a distance.
Other than this castle, Jeremy Irons also owns a number of other properties. He reportedly has a house in The Liberties of Dublin, a house in Cowes, and a house in Watlington Oxfordshire.
Jeremy Irons Cars
Jeremy Irons cars collection is not as impressive as his properties collection. Although the actor has a few sedans to his name, he sure doesn’t seem much interested in investing heavily in cars.
Jeremy Irons Net Worth Compared to Other Renowned Actors
The comparison of Jeremy Irons net worth with that of other renowned actors reveals that he has a net worth higher than that of Casey Affleck, Penn Badgley, Gael Garcia Bernal, and Lucas Black. The actors who are richer than Jeremy Irons include Sean Bean, Justin Bartha, Jason Bateman, Nicolas Cage, and Tom Hardy.