Johnny Depp is one of the most popular actors in the world. He is also a producer and a musician. Johnny Depp’s full name is John Christopher Johnny Depp II. He was born on the 9th of June, 1963 in Kentucky, United States. His father, John Christopher Depp, was a civil engineer. And his mother, Betty Sue Palmer was a waitress. When Johnny Depp was 15 years old, his parents divorced. After that, his mother married Robert Palmer. Johnny Depp has described Robert Palmer as his inspiration on a number of occasions.
Johnny Depp started playing music for different garage bands at the age of 12. He started high school but dropped out after few months. His goal was to become a rock musician. After a couple of weeks, Johnny Depp tried to go back to the school. But the principal of the school told him that he should follow his dream of becoming a musician. Johnny Depp joined a local band named The Kids. This band got some success at the local level. This group broke up before signing a record deal. Johnny Depp moved on and joined another band named Rock City Angels. In 1983 Johnny Depp married Lori Anne Allison. The couple divorced in 1985. However, a great thing happened because of this marriage. Johnny Depp was introduced to Nicolas Cage by his wife. Nicolas Cage advised Johnny Depp to pursue acting as a career. Johnny Depp net worth at that time was very little. Taking the advice from Nicolas Cage seriously, Johnny Depp made his film debut from the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street. Since then, the actor has gone on to become one of the most successful movie stars in the history of Hollywood.
Table of Contents
What is Johnny Depp Net Worth?
Johnny Depp net worth is $450 million. He earned his wealth from his highly successful acting career that spans more than 3 decades. He has been a part of many highly successful Hollywood movies including Pirates of the Caribbean series of movies.
Johnny Depp is known for his superb acting. He has risen from the bottom and today he stands tall above almost all the other actors in the world. His roles in movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Rango, and Public Enemies have catapulted his wealth to almost half a billion dollars. Today Johnny Depp net worth seems to be growing very rapidly and if the actor continues to perform the way he has been performing, we can very well expect him to become a billionaire within a decade or so.
Johnny Depp Movies
Johnny Depp is one of the most successful Hollywood actors of the modern era. He has been a part of many highly successful big-budget movies. His fans love the way he seamlessly adopts into different roles and performs them perfectly. In order to give you a better idea of how Johnny Depp net worth grew over the years, and which movies contributed the most towards his wealth, we have compiled a list of top 10 highest grossing movies of his career. Here they are.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – Pirates of the Caribbean series of movies have been without any doubt the most successful movie series of Johnny Depp’s career. His acting in the lead role of Jack Sparrow won him a lot of praise from audiences and film critics all over the world. It is not surprising that the most successful movie of the career of Johnny Depp is also a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest was the second movie of the series. It was released in 2006 and it earned more than $423 million during its time at the box office.
- Alice in Wonderland – Johnny Depp played another highly successful lead role in the 2010 adventure, fantasy film Alice in Wonderland. He appeared in the role of The Mad Hatter. The movie did really well at the box office and managed to earn around $334 million.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End – This movie was released in the year 2007. It was the 3rd movie of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. It is the third highest grossing film of the career of Johnny Depp. The total revenues from the movie amounted to $309 million.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl – This was the first film of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. It was released in 2003 and it got massive success at the box office. The earnings from the movie were around $305 million.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – This film was released in 2011. It was the 4th installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series of movies. The movie was not as successful as the other movies of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. However, it still managed to earn an impressive $241 million.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – This movie came out in 2005. It was a fiction film. Johnny Depp played the lead role of Willy Wonka in this movie. The movie had total earnings of $206 million and it was a big hit at the box office.
- Into the Woods – This movie came out in the year 2014. It did really well at the box office. The earnings from the movie were around $128 million.
- Rango – Released in 2011, Rango was an animated comedy film. Johnny Depp did voice over acting for the character of Rango, Lars in this movie. The total earnings from the movie were around $123 million.
- Sleepy Hollow – Johnny Depp played the role of Ichabod Crane in this 1999 film. The movie had total earnings of around $101 million.
- Public Enemies – Public Enemies was one of the most successful movies of 2009. Other than Johnny Depp, this action, thriller featured renowned like Christian Bale, Channing Tatu, Billy Crudup, Marion Cotillard, Stephen Dorff, and Jason Clarke. Total earnings from the movie were around $97 million.
Some other highly successful movies that have contributed a lot towards Johnny Depp net worth include The Lone Ranger, Dark Shadows, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Chocolat, The Tourist, Black Mass, Edward Scissorhands, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, and Blow.
Johnny Depp Salary
Johnny Depp is one of the highest earning Hollywood actors. He typically charges tens of millions of dollars for his role in movies. Here is how much salary he has got in different movies.
- Donnie Brasco – $5 Million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl – $10 Million
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – $18 Million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – $20 Million
- Alice in Wonderland – $50 Million
- The Tourist – $20 Million
- Rango – $7.5 Million
- Transcendence – $20 Million
- Into the Woods – $15 Million
- Mortdecai – $18 Million
Johnny Depp Lifestyle
When it comes to living luxuriously, hardly anyone can compete with Johnny Depp. The Hollywood superstar has a yacht, has more than 40 cars, and has a number of properties in different parts of the world. He is very much active in the film industry and has a number of projects lined up for near future. One thing that really strikes a chord with many of Johnny Depp’s fans is his sense of style and dressing. The superstar knows how to dress in style and how to impress other with his sense of dressing and his looks.
Johnny Depp Houses
Johnny Depp has a number of houses in different parts of the world. The actor has a beautiful mansion in Le Plan-de-la-Tour area of Southeastern France. The mansion has an estimated price tag of $2 million and it features spectacular landscaping, wonderful interior, and a beautiful swimming pool.
Johnny Depp also has a beautiful Quantock Hills in England as well. This property spreads over a vast area and is surrounded by plenty of greenery. The price tag of this house is around $5 million.
Another one of Johnny Depp’s property is located in California. It is located in a posh area and is surrounded by a lot of trees. The luxurious house has a beautiful interior, several bedrooms, bathrooms, and a gaming room as well. The estimated price of this house is around $3 million.
Johnny Depp Cars and Yacht
Being one of the richest Hollywood celebrities means that you can buy any vehicle that you set your eye on. This is the case with Johnny Depp. The huge Johnny Depp net worth has allowed the actor to be able to have 42 vehicles. Yes! Johnny Depp has 42 different cars including sports cars, luxury sedans, and SUVs. One of his favorite vehicles in his car collection is 1959 Corvette.
Other than these expensive cars, Johnny Depp also owns a luxury Yacht. The Yacht is estimated to have a price tag of $18 million. Johnny Depp has named the Yacht Vajoliroja Yacht.
Johnny Depp Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
When it comes to being rich, Johnny Depp tops the Hollywood rich list and is among the richest actors in the world. There are very few actors who have a higher net worth than Johnny Depp net worth. Tom Cruise is one such actor who is wealthier than Johnny Depp. The net worth of Johnny Depp is higher than that of Jack Nicholson, Sean Connery, Hugh Jackman, Jason Bateman, Nicolas Cage, Orlando Bloom, and Warren Beatty.