Kathy Bates Net Worth
- Net Worth: $32 Million.
- Profession: Actress, Director.
- Nationality: American
- Birth Place: Memphis, Tennesse, United States
- Date of Birth: 28 June 1948
- Height: 5 Feet 1 Inch (1.55 meters)
- Father: Langdon Doyle Bates
- Mother: Bertye Kathleen Bates
- Siblings: 2 Sisters (Mary Bates, Patricia Bates)
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Ex-Husband: Tony Campisi
Kathleen Doyle Kathy Bates is more commonly known as Kathy Bates. She is a renowned American actress. Kathy Bates started her showbiz career with stage plays. She showcased her talents in stage plays and got nominated for the Best Lead Actress Award in a Play in Tony Awards in the year 1983. In 1990 Kathy Bates appeared in the movie, Misery. She won the Academy Award for the Best Actress for her role in this movie. She also won the Golden Globe award. Kathy Bates has appeared in many prominent roles in different movies including Friend Green Tomatoes, Dolores Claiborne, Golden Globe, and Titanic. Kathy Bates net worth is mostly derived from her movie career, However, the actress has also worked in many television shows during her career. Here is a detailed look at Kathy Bates net worth, house, and cars.
What is Kathy Bates Net Worth?
The net worth of Kathy Bates is $32 million. The actress has had a successful showbiz career that spans more than 3 decades.
Kathy Bates is one of those actresses who has proven themselves on stage, television, and film. She was highly successful on stage. After that, she turned her attention towards television and film and proved herself as one of the best actresses in the world. She has been a part of many renowned movies and television shows. Kathy Bates has appeared in all sorts of movies and ha played all sorts of roles. The successful career has resulted in impressive Kathy Bates net worth. And today the actress has no shortage of money.
Kathy Bates Movies
Kathy Bates has been a part of many iconic movies. She has been played some of the most memorable roles in Hollywood and has many successful movies to her name. Here is the list of top 10 highest grossing movies of Kathy Bates career. This list, on one hand, shows the successful movies of Kathy Bates’ career along with release date and total income and on the other hand, it shows how Kathy Bates net worth grew over the years.
- Titanic – Titanic is one of the most memorable movies to come out of Hollywood. It is one of the most successful movies as well. The movie featured big names like Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet in the lead role. Kathy Bates played the character of Molly Brown in the movie. This mega hit of 1997 grossed more than $650 million during its time at the box office.
- The Blind Side – This sports drama movie was released in 2009. Kathy Bates played the role of Miss Sue in this movie. It was a highly successful movie at the box office with total earnings of more than $255 million.
- The Waterboy – It was a highly successful comedy sports movie that came out in 1998. The movie had total earnings of around $161 million.
- Valentine’s Day – This movie was release din 2010 and it managed to earn $110 million during its time at the box office.
- Failure to Launch – The movie was released in the year 2006 and the total revenues from the movie were around $88 million.
- Tammy – It was a highly successful comedy flick released in the year 2014. The earnings from the movie were around $84 million.
- Charlotte’s Web – Kathy Bates did voice over acting in this animated comedy. It was released in 2006 and did great in theaters with earnings of around $82 million.
- Fried Green Tomatoes – This is another popular comedy flick that featured Kathy Bates. The actress played the character of Evelyn Couch in this movie. It was released in 1991 and it managed to earn a little more than $82 million during its time on the theaters.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still – This science fiction movie came out in 2008. Kathy Bates appeared in the role of Regina Jackson in this movie. It was a supporting role. The movie won some great reviews from critics and audiences. The total lifetime revenues from ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’ were around $79 million.
- Fred Claus – The role of Kathy Bates in this comedy flick was that of Mother Claus. Released in the year 2009, Fred Claus had total earnings of around $72 million.
The above-mentioned movies have been the most successful movies of the career of Kathy Bates. And these movies have contributed the most towards Kathy Bates net worth and popularity. However, the actress has appeared in many other successful movies as well. Some other successful movies of the career of Kathy Bates include, About Schmidt, The Boss, Misery, Midnight in Paris, P.S. I Love You, Primary Colors, Tyler Perry’s The Family That Preys, Dragonfly, Dolores, Claiborne, and Around the World in 80 Days.
Kathy Bates Lifestyle
Kathy Bates has had a long battle with cancer. The actress lives in Los Angeles and is still actively involved in showbiz. She married Tony Campisi in 1991. However, the marriage did not last long and the two separated in 1997.
Kathy Bates House
Kathy Bates has a beautiful house in Los Angeles, California. The luxurious house located in an upscale neighborhood of Los Angeles. Having a market value of around $2 million, this beautiful house features Sauna and Jacuzzi. In addition, it also has a comfortable home office, where Kathy Bates likes to work. The property has a beautiful lawn and is surrounded by plenty of bushes and trees.
Kathy Bates Cars
The impressive Kathy Bates net worth has allowed the actress to drive some spectacular vehicles. Kathy Bates has a Jaguar XK. This sporty Jaguar vehicle is capable of reaching the top speed of 158 mph.
Kathy Bates Net Worth Compared to Other Actresses
The net worth comparison of Kathy Bates with other renowned actresses reveals that Kathy Bates net worth is higher than that of Elizabeth Banks, Maria Bello, Melissa Benoist, and Rachel Bilson. On the other hand, Keira Knightley, Nicole Kidman, Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Kim Basinger, Monica Bellucci, and Drew Barrymore are some of the actresses who have a higher net worth than Kathy Bates.