Morgan Freeman is a renowned American actor, narrator, and producer. He was born on the 1st of June 1937 in Memphis, Tennessee, United States. Morgan Freeman made his film debut in 1971 from the film Who Says I Can’t Ride a Rainbow. Since then he has been a part of some of the most popular Hollywood movies and he has become one of the most popular American actors. Other than being famous for acting, he is also famous for his voice. His voice has been used in a number of documentaries and he is known as one of the best narrators in the world. The successful acting, narrating, and production career has resulted in an impressive Morgan Freeman net worth. Here are the details of his net worth, career, and lifestyle.
Table of Contents
What is Morgan Freeman Net Worth
The net worth of Morgan Freeman is $210 million. Morgan Freeman has earned this wealth through his roles in different Hollywood movies like The Dark Knight, Now You See Me, Transcendence, etc.
The highly successful career of Morgan Freeman has, on one hand, resulted in an impressive net worth and on the other hand, it has won the actor many awards. In 2005, Morgan Freeman won the Academy Award for his role in the movie Million Dollar Baby. He has received Oscar nominations for his roles in The Shawshank Redemption, Driving Miss Daisy, Invictus, and Street Smart. Other than that, Morgan Freeman has also won a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golde Globe Award.
Morgan Freeman Movies
Morgan Freeman has been a part of some of the most successful Hollywood movies. Some of these movies are considered to be Hollywood classics. Here are the details of top ten highest grossing films of Morgan Freeman’s career.
- The Dark Knight – Released in 2008, The Dark Knight is the most successful movie of the career of Morgan Freeman. This batman film featured Christian Bale in the lead role. Morgan Freeman played the role of Lucius Fox in The Dark Knight series. The movie made more than $534 million during its time at the box office.
- The Dark Knight Returns – This movie of The Dark Knight series came out in the year 2012. It was also a huge hit at the box office. The earnings from this movie were around $448 million.
- The LEGO Movie – This animated comedy came out in the year 2014. Morgan Freeman did voice over for the character of Vitruvius in this movie. The movie was highly successful at the box office. The total earnings from the movie were around $257 million.
- Batman Begins – This movie came out in the year 2005. It was the first movie of the Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight series. The total earnings from the movie amounted to $206 million.
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – Released in 1991, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves featured Morgan Freeman in the role Azeem. It was a highly successful movie with earnings exceeding $$165 million.
- Deep Impact – This action film was released in 1998. It did well at the box office and made more than $140 million.
- Wanted – Starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Kristen Hager, and Chris Pratt, Wanted was a highly successful action thriller of 2008. The total revenues from the movie were around $134 million.
- Lucy – This sci-fi film was released in 2014. It got great reviews from the audiences and film critics and managed to earn around $126 million.
- The Sum of All Fears – This movie came out in 2002 and managed to earn revenues of $117 million during its time at the box office.
- Now You See Me – Released in 2013, Now You See Me was a crime thriller movie. Morgan Freeman played the role of Thaddeus Bradley. The total earnings from the movie were around $117 million.
Other highly successful movies of the career of Morgan Freeman that have contributed towards Morgan Freeman net worth include Driving Miss Daisy, Million Dollar Baby, Unforgiven, Seven, Olympus Has Fallen, Red, Oblivion, and The Bucket List.
Morgan Freeman House
Most of the actors and actresses, after becoming rich and famous reside in extremely expensive places in the middle of big cities. However, this is not the case with Morgan Freeman. Despite being one of the richest actors in the world, he lives a comparatively less expensive area. Although his house has all the modern facilities and amenities of life, it is nowhere near the house of most of the other Hollywood stars. Morgan Freeman’s house is located near Charleston in West Virgina. The beautiful house featured large gardens and as swimming pool. The house is very old and Morgan Freeman purchased it from hi guardians in 1991.
Morgan Freeman Cars
When it comes to cars, Morgan Freeman is not really a car enthusiast. The actor likes to take things easy and travel in some comfortable sedans. He does not go for super expensive cars and does not spend much on cars.
Morgan Freeman Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
The comparison of Morgan Freeman net worth with other renowned Hollywood actors reveals that he is one of the richest actors. His net worth is higher than that of Warren Beatty, Anthony Hopkins, Sean Bean, Richard Gere, Antonio Banderas, and Ian McKellen. There are only a few actors who are wealthier than Morgan Freeman. These include Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Sean Connery, and Jack Nicholson.
Morgan Freeman is without any doubt one of the best Hollywood actors of the modern times. He has been an integral part of the film industry since more than 4 decades and he has some of the most iconic roles in some of the most successful Hollywood movies to his credits. Morgan Freeman net worth is very impressive but his legacy and his career are far more impressive. He is without a doubt one of the most admired actors of the in the world.