Robert Downey Jr Net Worth
- Net Worth: $250 Million.
- Profession: Actor.
- Nationality: American
- Birth Place: Manhattan, New York, United States.
- Date of Birth: April 4, 1965.
- Height: 5 feet 8 inches (1.74 meters)
- Father: Robert Downey Sr.
- Mother: Elsie Ford
- Siblings: 1 Sister (Allyson Downey)
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Susan Downey
- Children: 1 Daughter (Avri Roel Downey), 2 Sons (Indio Falconer Downey, Exton Elias Downey).
Robert Downey Jr. was born on the 4th of April 1965 in Manhattan, New York. This American actor has made quite a mark on the film industry and is recognized as one of the best actors when it comes to superhero films. Robert Downey Jr. net worth is one of the highest in Hollywood because of the fact that he was the highest paid actor from the year 2012 to the year 2015. Before we look at the Robert Downey Jr net worth in detail, we will take a look at his early life and how he got into showbiz.
As mentioned earlier, Robert Downey Jr. was born in Manhattan in the New York City. His father’s name was Robert Downey Sr. and he was an actor and a filmmaker. His mother, Elsie Ann was an actress as well. Robert Downey Jr. started appearing in some minor roles in his father’s movies as a child star. He lived in England for some time in his childhood and there he learned classical ballet. During his teenage, he went to the Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Centre located in New York. In 1978, Robert Downey Jr’s parents divorced and he started living with his father in California. In 1982, Robert Downey Jr. dropped out of High School. He once again moved to New York in order to pursue his acting career. Today Robert Downey Jr. is one of the richest actors in the world and here is a detailed look at Robert Downey Jr net worth and lifestyle.
What is Robert Downey Jr Net Worth?
Robert Downey Jr net worth is $250 million. His massive net worth can be credited to his iconic role of Iron Man. Today he is one of the richest actors in the world.
Being born in a family that was already well entrenched in the world of showbiz, Robert Downey Jr. had a great opportunity to make a great career. And he has truly capitalized on this opportunity and has emerged as one of the best and one of the richest actors in the world. This charismatic American actor has many highly successful movies to his name. Some of his most successful movies include The Avengers Series, Iron Man Series, and Sherlock Holmes series of movies.
Robert Downey Jr Movies
Robert Downey Jr. made his film debut when he was only 5 years old. He appeared in one of his father’s film named Pound. It was released in 1970. Since then the superstar actor has been a part of some of the biggest Hollywood hits. Here are the top ten highest grossing movies of Robert Downey Jr’s career.
- The Avengers – Released in 2012 by Marvel Studios, The Avengers is the highest grossing movie of the career of Robert Downey Jr. The movie made more than $623 million.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – This is another highly successful superhero movie of the career of Robert Downy Jr. It was released in 2015 and it made more than $459 million.
- Iron Man 3 – Iron Man 3 was released in 2013. The movie was more successful than the previous parts and managed to earn more than $409 million.
- Captain America: Civil War – This is another superhero movie in which Robert Downey Jr. appeared in the role of Iron Man. The movie came out in 2016 and earned $408 million during its time at the box office.
- Iron Man – The first Iron Man movie was released in 2008 and it earned $318 million in revenues.
- Iron Man 2 – The second part of the Iron Man series was released in 2010. It was also highly successful at the box office. It had total earnings of $312 million.
- Sherlock Holmes – Appearing in the lead role of Sherlock Holmes, Robert Downey Jr. made quite an impact in this movie. It was released in 2009 and it had total earnings of $209 million.
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadow – The total gross revenues from this 2011 film were $186 million. It was released in 2011.
- Tropic Thunder – Starring some of the biggest names of Hollywood, Tropic Thunder came out in 2008. It got mixed reviews and some pretty good revenue of $110 million during its time at the box office.
- Due Date – This comedy flick was released in 2010 and it had total earnings of a little more than $100 million.
Some other super hit movies that have contributed heavily towards Robert Downey Jr net worth include Back to School, Gothika, U.S. Marshals, The Shaggy Dog, Natural Born killers, Soapdish, The Judge, Zodiac, Good Night, and Good Luck, and The Soloist.
Robert Downey Jr Salary
Robert Downey Jr remained the highest paid of Hollywood from the year 2012 to the year 2015. You will be amazed to know the salary of this incredible actor in different movies. Here are the Robert Downey Jr salary details:
- Richard III – Robert Downey Jr was paid a salary of $50,000 in this 1995 film.
- Danger Zone – The salary of Robert Downey Jr in this 1996 film was $500,000.
- Game 6 – It will be very surprising for you to know that Robert Downey Jr was paid only $100 per day salary in the 2005 movie, Game 6.
- Iron Man – This is where things started to go right for Robert Downey Jr. He appeared in in this 2008 movie in his most iconic role that later became his identity. No one could anticipate that this movie would turn out to be a game changer in his career. Robert Downey Jr. was paid a salary of only $500,000 in this 2008 movie. However, the impact this movie had on Robert Downey Jr net worth and popularity, later on was just unimaginable.
- Sherlock Holmes – The success of Iron Man opened many new doors for Robert Downey Jr. And in 2009 he appeared in the lead character of Sherlock Holmes in the movie Sherlock Holmes. He got a much-improved salary of $9 million in this movie.
- Iron Man 2 – The second part of the highly successful Iron Man came out in 2010 and Robert Downey Jr’s salary was increased to $10 million in this part.
- Due Date – Playing the lead role of Peter Highman, Robert Downey Jr. got a salary of $12 million in this movie.
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows – The sequel of Sherlock Holmes came out in 2011 and the earnings of Robert Downey Jr. from this movie were $15 million.
- The Avengers – The Avengers series opened a whole new window of opportunity for Robert Downey Jr. The first movie of The Avengers series was released in 2012 and the superstar actor made earnings of $50 million from this movie.
- The Iron Man Three – Iron Man Three proved to be the most lucrative movie of the series for Robert Downey Jr. He received a jaw-droppingly impressive salary of $50 million from this movie. It was released in 2013.
Robert Downey Jr Houses
The multi-millionaire superstar owns several properties in different parts of the US. He has a beautiful house in Malibu California. Thie wonderful house has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. The estimated price of this mansion is $13 million.
Robert Downey Jr. has another smaller house in California as well. It is located in Pacific Palisades. The total area of this house is 1,950 square feet and it has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. According to reports, the superstar also has a beautiful house in New York.
Robert Downey Jr Cars
Robert Downey Jr loves sports vehicles and luxury sedans. He has a thing for the classic cars as well. The multi-millionaire Hollywood superstar has the following vehicles in his car collection:
- NSX Roadster
- Audi R8
- Audi A7
- Volkswagon GTI
- Ford F150
- 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
- 1970 Mercedes Benz Pagoda
- Mercedez-Benz Wagon
Robert Downey Jr Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
The comparison of Robert Downey Jr net worth with that of other renowned Hollywood actors shows that he is one of the richest actors. He has a net worth higher than that of Anthony Hopkins, Sean Bean, Peter Berg, Jay Baruchel, Justin Bartha, Richard Gere, Tom Hardy, and Ian McKellen. The handful of actors having a higher net worth than Robert Downey Jr. include Tom Cruise, Sean Connery, and Jack Nicholson.
Robert Downey Jr net worth is expected to grow further in the coming years. And if the actor continues to accumulate wealth the way he has been duing via blockbuster superhero movies, who knows he might just end up being a billionaire.