Sean Connery Net Worth
- Net Worth: $350 Million
- Profession: Actor
- Nationality: Scottish
- Birth Place: Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Date of Birth: 25 August 1930
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (1.89 meters)
- Father: Joseph Connery
- Mother: Euphemia McLean
- Siblings: 1 Brother (Neil Connery)
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Micheline Roquebrune
- Children: 1 Son (Jason Connery)
Sean Connery is one of the most successful movie actors of all time. His full name is Thomas Sean Connery. He was born in Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1930. He started his acting career in the 1950’s. Before getting into theater, and film industry as an actor, Sean Connery did a number of other jobs. His first job was as a milkman in the St. Cuthbert’s Co-operative Society in Edinburgh. After that he joined Royal Navy. However, Sean Connery was discharged from the Navy because of a duodenal ulcer.
After being discharged from the Navy, Sean Connery worked as a lorry driver, a laborer, a lifeguard, and a coffin polisher. He also worked as an artist’s model for Edinburgh College of Arts. Sean Connery did bodybuilding as well and got third position in the Mr Universe Competition in year 1950. He also played football and had a pretty good shot at becoming a professional footballer. However, at the age of 23 Sean Connery finally decided to pursue acting. He appeared in a number of theater plays and many side roles before landing the role of James Bond in 1962. The actor has appeared in more than 70 different movies. This successful career of more than 50 years has resulted in pretty impressive Sean Connery net worth. The actor is retired now and rarely makes public appearances. Here are the details of his huge wealth.
What is Sean Connery Net Worth?
The total net worth of Sean Connery is $350 million. This impressive wealth is a result of 50 years of hard work in the movie industry.
Sean Connery is considered one of the best Hollywood actors of all time. He is regarded as one of the top ambassadors of Scotland. He started his mainstream movie career in 1962 when he appeared in the first James Bond film, Dr. No. His skillful acting and handsome looks played a key role in the success of early James Bond movies and in establishing James Bond as a legendary movie character. The actor appeared in his last movie, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in 2003. He is retired from acting since then. Sean Connery has been offered numerous roles including the role of Gandalf in the Lord of The Rings, however, the actor decided to continue with his decision of retirement. The chances of Sean Connery appearing a new movie are very slim now.
Sean Connery Movies
Sean Connery net worth is can mainly be credited to his successful movie career. The actor has appeared in a number of high profile movies. Here is the list of top 10 highest grossing movies of Sean Connery’s career.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade – Most of the people know Sean Connery from his iconic role in the movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The movie was released in the year 1989 and it was a huge hit on the box office. The lifetime gross earnings from the movie were $197,171,806.
- The Rock – The second highest grossing movie of Sean Connery’s movie career is The Rock. It was released in the year 1996 and it had total earnings of $134,069,511.
- The Hunt for Red October – This movie was released in the year 1990 and it had total earnings of $122,012,643.
- Entrapment – This movie came out in the year 1999. The total earnings from the movie were $87,704,396.
- The Untouchables – The movie was released in the year 1987. It was another successful movie of Sean Connery’s career. The total gross earnings from the movie were $76,270,454.
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen – This fantasy, action film was released in the year 2003. Sean Connery played the role of Allan Quatermain in this movie. The total gross earnings from the movie were $66,465,204.
- Thunderball – It is one of the earliest movies of Sean Connery’s career. The movie was released in the year 1965 and it made$63,595,658 on the box office.
- Rising Sun – This movie came out in the year 1993 and it made $63,179,523 during its time on the box office.
- Never Say Never Again – The movie was released in the year 1983. The total revenue from the movie was $55,432,841.
- Finding Forrester – This drama movie was released in the year 2000. It did pretty well on the box office with total lifetime earnings of $51,804,714.
Other successful movies of Sean Connery’s movie career include Goldfinger, Dragonheart, A Bridge too far, Diamonds are forever, Medicine Man, and Time Bandits.
Sean Connery Salary
If we take a close look at the Sean Connery net worth and his movie career, we find that the actor started to become rich after his first James Bond movie, Dr.No. We have compiled a list of Sean Connery salary in different movies. Here they are:
- Dr. No – This was the first James Bond movie. It was released in the year 1962 and Sean Connery made $125,000 from the movie.
- From Russia with Love – Sean Connery salary in this movie was $250,000.
- Goldfinger – The total salary of Sean Connery in this movie was $3.05 million.
- Thunderbell – The total earnings of Sean Connery from this highly successful movie of 1965 were around $750,000.
- You Only Live Twice – Sean Connery made $1 million from this 1967 movie.
- Shalako – Sean Connery received a salary of $1 million from this 1968 movie.
- Diamonds Are Forever – This is one of the most popular James Bond movies of all time. Sean Connery was rewarded well for his role in the movie. The actor made a pretty good $6.725 million.
- Zardoz – The movie was released in the year 1974. The earnings of Sean Connery in the movie were $0.2 million.
- Never Say Never Again – Sean Connery received total remuneration of $6.410 for his role in this 1983 movie.
- The Hunt for Red October – The total remuneration of Sean Connery in this 1990 movie amounted to $4 million.
- Highlander II: The Quickening – Sean Connery received $3.5 million in this movie.
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – The movie was released in 1991 and Sean Connery was paid $1.9 million for his role in the movie.
- First Knight – The movie came out in the year 1995 and Sean Connery made $9 million from this blockbuster.
- The Rock – This 1996 film was one of the most successful films of Sean Connery’s career. He got a salary of $12 million for his role in the movie.
- Playing by Heart – The salary of Sean Connery in this movie was only $60,000.
- Entrapment – Sean Connery received the highest salary of his career in this 1999, film. His salary was an impressive $20 million.
- Finding Forrester – Sean Connery received a salary of $15 million for his role in Finding Forrester.
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen – This was the last movie of Sean Connery’s amazing movie career. It was released in the year 2003 and the veteran actor received total salary of $17 million from this movie.
Sean Connery Endorsement Deals
Sean Connery has endorsed a number of brands during his long movie career. Here is the list of some of these brands.
- Fortune Brands
- Jim Beam
- Suntory Crest
- Louis Vuitoon
Sean Connery Lifestyle
Sean Connery is married to Micheline Roquebrune. He has a son named Jason Connery. Sean Connery enjoys a super luxurious lifestyle. He is retired from acting and hardly makes any public appearances. It seems that after living in the limelight for decades, the actor is finally enjoying some private time. During the earlier days, his hobbies included bodybuilding, and football. However, now the actor is happy playing golf on some of the best golf courses in the world.
Sean Connery House
Sean Connery resides in Bahamas. The actor has a beautiful 3 story mansion in this luxurious destination. The total area of the cliff-side villa is 7,000 square meters. The luxurious villa provides amazing views of the sea and has an estimated price tag of £16 million.
Sean Connery owned a house in Marbella, Spain as well. However, the actor sold that house in 1999.
Sean Connery Cars
Sean Connery has owned a number of classic cars during during his career. According to the Sean Connery cars list, the actor had a BMW 635 CSI. In addition, he also had an Aston Martin DB5.
Sean Connery Net Worth Compared to Other Hollywood Actors
Despite being retired since quite some time now, Sean Connery is one of the richest Hollywood actors of all time. During his acting career of more than 50 years, he has been able to accumulate a huge amount of wealth. When we make the comparison of Sean Connery net worth with that of other Hollywood actors, we find that his net worth is higher than most of the Hollywood actors including Kevin Spacey, Al Pacino, Christian Bale, Bruce Willis, Russell Crowe, Nicolas Cage, Edward Norton, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, and Orlando Bloom. However, the net worth of Sean Connery is lower than that of another veteran actor, Jack Nicholson.
Sean Connery is retired now and we can expect the Sean Connery net worth to decline in the coming years. But with the present state of his wealth, he doesn’t really need to worry about his finances. The actor can afford to live a super luxurious retired life and even then leave behind a considerable amount of wealth.