Tom Hanks Net Worth
- Net Worth: $390 Million.
- Profession: Actor, Filmmaker.
- Nationality: American
- Birth Place: Concord, California, United States.
- Date of Birth: July 9, 1956.
- Father: Amos Mefford Hanks
- Mother: Janet Marylyn Frager
- Siblings: 2 Brothers (Jim Hanks, Larry Hanks), 1 Sister (Sandra Hanks).
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Rita Wilson
- Children: 1 Daughter (Elizabeth Ann Hanks), 3 Sons (C0lin Hanks, Chet Hanks, Truman Theodore Hanks).
Tom Hanks whose full name is Thomas Jeffrey Hanks was born on the 9th of July 1956 in Concord, California. He is a renowned American filmmaker and actor Tom Hanks is mostly known for his dramatic and comedic roles. Before looking at the Tom Hanks net worth, it would be worth it to take a look at his early life and how he came into the world of showbiz.
The father of Tom Hanks, Amos Mefford Hanks was an itinerant cook and his mother Janet Marylyn Frager was a hospital worker. When Tom Hanks was 4 years old, hi parents divorced. Tom Hanks and three of his siblings started living with their father. While 1 brother of Tom Hanks continued to live with his mother. Tom Hanks graduated from the Skyline High School in Oakland, California. There he showed an interest in school plays and was a part of many school plays. After completing his High School, Tom Hanks went to the Cabot College located in Hayward, California. There he studied theater. Later on, Tom Hanks transferred to the California State University in Sacramento. During his time at the University, Tom Hanks appeared in many stage plays. In 1979, Tom Hank moved to the New York City in order to pursue acting professionally. He made his film debut in 1980 from the film named He Knows You’re Alone. Since then, the veteran Hollywood actor has appeared in many iconic roles and has become one of the greatest actors of all time. Today, Tom Hanks net worth is one of the highest in the industry. Here are the details of his net worth, career, movies, and lifestyle.
What is Tom Hanks Net Worth?
The net worth of Tom Hanks is $390 million. The actor has some of the most successful Hollywood movies to his credits. His most iconic movies include Toy Story, Catch Me If You Can, Saving Private Ryan, Sleepless in Seattle, The Terminal, and Forrest Gump.
Tom Hanks had had a huge impact on the Hollywood film industry. And he is considered to be a legend in the field of acting. He has this ability to fit into any role perfectly. The actor has been a part of many iconic Hollywood movies. The best thing about Tom Hanks is that you will not find any one type of genre associated with the actor. He has been a part of animated comedies, war films, romantic films, history based movies, fiction movies, action thrillers, and even comedy films.
Tom Hanks Movies
Although Tom Hanks is mostly known for his comedy and drama roles, the actor has played some iconic fantasy and history based roles as well in different movies. In order to give you a better idea of how Tom Hanks net worth grew over the years, we have compiled a list of ten highest grossing movies of his career. Here they are.
- Toy Story 3 – The movies of the animated comedy movie series, Toy Story have been among the most successful movies of the career of Tom Hanks. Tom Hanks has done voiceover acting for the lead character of Sheriff Woody in the series. Toy Story 3 is the most successful movie of Tom Hanks career. The movie had total earnings of $415 million.
- Forrest Gump – Forest Gump is considered to be among the greatest Hollywood films of all time and this is the most iconic role played by Tom Hanks. The movie was released in 1994 and made more than $330 million.
- Toy Story 2 – The second part of the Toy Story series was also very successful. This movie came out in 1999 and had total earnings of $245 million.
- Cast Away – Released in the year 2000, Cast Away was an adventure film. The movie did great at the box office and made more than $233 million.
- The Da Vinci Code – Tom Hanks appeared in the character of Robert Langdon in this mystery fiction film. The total earnings from the movie were around $217 million.
- Saving Private Ryan – This war based action film came out in 1998. Tom Hanks played the role of Captain Miller in this movie. The movie did great in terms of audience reception and overall box office sales. The earnings from the movie were around $216 million.
- Toy Story – The first movie of the Toy Story series of films came out in 1995 and made more than $191 million at the box office.
- The Polar Express – Tom Hanks did voiceover acting for the lead character of Santa Clause in this animated adventure, fantasy film. The movie did great at the box office and managed to earn $185 million.
- Apollo 13 – This space drama film came out in the year 1995 and gave audiences another magnificent performance by Tom Hanks. The movie made more than $173 million during its time at the box office.
- Catch Me If You Can – Appearing in the role of Carl Hanratty a detective who is trying to catch a smart criminal, Tom Hanks impressed everyone with his acting in Catch Me If You Can. The movie was released in 2002 and it won great reviews from the audiences and critics. The movie had total earnings of around $164 million.
Tom Hanks has many other highly successful movies to his credit as well. Some of his other popular movies include The Green Mile (1999), Angels & Demons (2009), Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Sully (2016), You’ve Got Mail (1998), Big (1988), A League of Their Own (1992), Captain Phillips (2013, and Road to Perdition (2013).
Tom Hanks Salary
It is a no brainer that Tom Hanks net worth is a result of his successful movie career. The had humble beginnings. He established himself in the industry with every role he did and with that his salary also kept increasing. Here are the salary details of Tom Hanks in different movies. Notice how his salary increases starting from 1980 all the way to 2010s.
- He Knows You’re Alone – This was the debut film of Tom Hanks. He did a minor role in this movie and his salary was only $800. The movie was released in the year 1980.
- Splash – This movie came out in 1984. By then Tom Hanks had established himself as a promising emerging actor. His salary in this film was around $70,000.
- Punchline – Released in the year 1988, Punchline proved to be a highly lucrative movie for Tom Hanks The actor managed to earn $5 million from this movie.
- The ‘Burbs – This movie was also released in the year 1989. Tom Hanks received a salary of $3.5 million for his role in this movie.
- The Bonfire of the Vanities – Playing the role of Sherman McCoy in The Bonfire of the Vanities, Tom Hanks received a salary of $5 million from this movie. The movie was released in 1990.
- Forrest Gump – This is considered to be one of the best movies to come out of Hollywood. Tom Hanks plays the role of a mentally challenged soldier who achieves great things in his life and lives on to tell his story. The movie saw incredible box office success and the total earnings of Tom Hanks from this movie were around $70 million.
- Saving Private Ryan – This is another memorable movie of the career of Tom Hanks. This war film came out in 1998 and the earnings of Tom Hanks from this film were around $40 million.
- The Green Mile – This movie came out in 1999 and Tom Hanks was paid an impressive salary of $20 million for his role in the movie.
- Angels & Demons – This novel based fiction thriller was released in the year 2009. Tom Hanks did really well in the movie and had total earnings of around $50 million.
- Toy Story 3 – Tom Hanks did voiceover acting in the famous animated series, Toy Story. The 3rd part of the Toy Story film series came out in 2010 and Tom Hanks was paid $15 million for his voiceover acting in the movie.
Tom Hanks Lifestyle
Tom Hanks is married to the famous actress, Rita Wilson. He has four children. In his professional life, Tom Hanks is now taking things a little easy. He is still active in the film industry but now is very selective about his new movies. Tom Hanks has some very interesting hobbies. One of his hobbies is collecting vintage typewriters. Surely, it is a unique and strange hobby considering that he is one of the richest actors in the world and he can very well be collecting sports cars or even private islands.
Here is a great interview of Tom Hanks with David Letterman. The fun interview sheds light on some interesting aspects of his life.
Tom Hanks Houses
The massive Tom Hanks net worth is well depicted in his luxurious house. The Hollywood superstar owns a wonderful house in Hollywood. The house has a unique design. It has a long driveway and is surrounded by plenty of trees. The spectacular residence features an open-air swimming pool and beautiful lawn. The price tag of the house is around $8 million.
Tom Hanks Cars
Although Tom Hanks is not one of those actors who drool over fancy cars and like to make a lot of noise with their loud sports vehicles, he surely knows how to keep things classy while traveling. Tom Hanks owns a Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The luxury sedan goes well with the style and charisma of the veteran actor. Tom Hanks also owns a black colored Toyota Prius and a Chevy Tahoe.
Tom Hanks Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
Tom Hanks net worth is greater than most of the other Hollywood actors. These include Warren Beatty, Anthony Hopkins, Sean Bean, Jason Bateman, Justin Bartha, Tom Hardy, Richard Gere, and Gerard Butler. There are only a few actors who are richer than Tom Hanks. One such actor is Tom Cruise.
Apart from the massive Tom Hanks net worth, the veteran actor has massive respect all over the world. Tom Hanks is without a doubt one of the best actors of all time.