- Net Worth: $18 Million.
- Profession: Actor.
- Nationality: American.
- Birth Place: Washington D.C., United States.
- Date of Birth: March 20, 1950.
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters).
- Father: Alfred McChord Hurt.
- Mother: Claire Isabel Hurt.
- Marital Status: Divorced.
- Ex-Wife: Mary Beth Hurt.
- Children: 4
William Hurt is a renowned American actor. He was born on the 20th of March 1950 in Washington D.C. William Hurt got his acting training from the renowned Julliard School. He started his professional acting career from stage in the 1970s and appeared in his first film role in the year 1980. The first movie of William Hurt’s career was Altered States. He did amazingly well in his first movie role and managed to win a Golden Globe Award nomination in the category of New Star of the Year. After that, William Hurt continued to star in mainstream Hollywood films and emerged as one of the best actors in Hollywood. Today William Hurt net worth is in millions of dollars and he is one of the best veteran Hollywood actors.
Table of Contents
William Hurt Net Worth
The total net worth of William Hurt in $18 million. The actor earned this huge amount of money through his amazing acting skills. He started his career from stage and later became a top movie star.
Not only William Hurt has been able to make a lot of money from his highly successful career, he has also been able to earn many prestigious awards for his role in different movies. William Hurt has been able to win an Academy Award as well as A BAFTA Award int he category of best actor. He has been a part of many iconic Hollywood films including Captain America: Civil War, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, The Incredible Hulk, and Robin Hood.
William Hurt Movies
In order to get a better idea of how the William Hurt net worth and popularity grew over the years, we will have to take a look at the most successful movies of his career. Here are the top ten highest grossing films of the career of William Hurt.
- Captain America: Civil War – This highly successful super hero movie was released in the year 2016. The movie was highly anticipated and it managed to live up to the expectations of the audiences. The total earnings from the movie were more than $400 million and it is the highest grossing film of the career of William Hurt.
- The Incredible Hulk – This is another super hero film that featured William Hurt. The movie came out in 2008. William Hurt played the role of Thunderbolt Ross in this movie. The total earnings from the movie were $134 million.
- Robin Hood – This movie was released in 2010. The movie was highly successful at the box office and it managed to earn more than $105 million during its time at the box office.
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence – Appearing in the role of Professor Allen Hobby, William Hurt won quite a lot of praise for his role in the 2001 science fiction movie, A.I. Artificial Intelligence. The movie was directed by the legendary director, Steven Spielberg. The total revenues from the movie were around $78 million.
- Vantage Point – This 2008 action thriller featured William Hurt in the role of President Ashton. The movie did well at the box office and had total revenues of around $72 million.
- Lost in Space – This sci-film was released in the year 1998. Other then William Hurt, the movie featured renowned actors like Bill Mumy, Jonathan Harris, Angela Catwright, Guy Williams, Marta Kristen, June Lockhart, and Mark Goddard.
- The Good Shepherd – This spy-thriller film was released in 2006. It won some great reviews from audiences and managed to make good money at the box office. The total earnings from the movie were a approximately $60 million.
- The Big Chill – This movie was released in the year 1983. William Hurt played the role of Nick Carlton in this movie. The total revenues from the movie were around $56 million.
- Broadcast News – This comedy flick came out in 1987. It did well with audiences and had some great reviews. The earnings from the movie exceeded $51 million.
- The Doctor – This movie came out in the year 1991. William Hurt appeared in the lead role of Dr. Jack MacKee. The movie did reasonably well at the box office and managed to make a little more than $38 million.
William Hurt Salary
The biggest contributor towards William Hurt net worth has been the massive salary that he has received for his role in different movies. The salary of William Hurt increased over the years and now the actor typically takes millions of dollars for his roles in different movies. The salary of William Hurt in the 2004 movie, The Village was around $1.25 million.
William Hurt House
As you would expect, William Hurt is the owner of a number of luxurious properties. The massive William Hurt net worth has allowed the actor to live a lifestyle that only a few can afford. Being in the industry since quite some time and doing well in the industry has allowed him to afford such a lifestyle since quite sometime now. The actor previously used to live in a luxurious house in the Rockland County in Montebello. This amazingly beautiful house featured a wonderful round driveway. It had six bedrooms, three bathrooms, a gourmet kitchen, couple of balconies with amazing views, and beautiful custom hardwood floors. The house featured open lawn with a beautiful sitting area as well. This beautiful house was built in 1987 and upon looking at it one can safely say that it really went well with the overall personality of William Hurt.
William Hurt Net Worth Compared to Other Renowned Actors
The comparison of William Hurt net worth with that of other renowned actors reveals that he is not the richest of actors. However, he is a millionaire and does well for himself and his family. The comparison of William Hurt’s net worth with that of other actors shows that he is richer than Casey Affleck, Penn Badgley, Gael Garcia Bernal, and Lucas Black. On the other hand, the long list of actors who have a higher net worth than William Hurt include Tom Arnold, Morgan Freeman, Eric Bana, Liam Neeson, Javier Bardem, and Anthony Hopkins.